Skip to main content

PUR Cosmetics review

 


Awhile back I decided to try out a cosmetic brand I had seen doing a collaboration with Tone It Up. PUR Cosmetics sells a combination of makeup and skincare products. I ordered the Eyes for You Eye Makeup Trio which includes:

  • Full Size On Point Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
  • Full Size On Point Metallic Eye Gloss (I ordered the rose gold, a "soft shade of pink")
  • Mini Fully Charged Mascara (which I haven't tried yet)
As a free gift with purchase, I also received the Skin Perfecting Foundation Brush.

Skin Perfecting Foundation Brush: I don't regularly wear foundation, so I have been using this primarily for application of bronzer and to apply the eye gloss to the high points of my cheeks. The brush is soft and dense. The handle is pretty comfortable and the curve is ergonomic, but I can feel it separate slightly with firm pressure, so I think that it may not hold up for many years of daily use. My hand also cramps a little if I am using it over my whole face; I think it puts a little extra pressure on your thumb vs. your wrist with a more traditional straight handle. The color payoff is strong with a powder bronzer and requires extra work to blend and not look streaky. I can barely see the gel gloss at all, but more on that in a moment. I think this is probably a good brush for bases and more subtle colors and not a great option for blending blush or high-contrast bronzer.

Full Size On Point Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: I've been using this every day and have tried wearing it a number of ways. Overall it is a good liquid eyeliner. The brush is pretty easy to use with even color payoff, minimal friction on the lid, and a firm tip that makes it easy to control. It's still a liquid liner, so it's hard to get a smooth application on the bottom without a makeup brush. I have missed and hit my waterline and it stays. It erases off easily with micellar water (even on a q-tip, if you need to fix your cat-eye), but I went to bed with it one night and I actually woke up with intact cat-eyes. I would give this my best rating of the 3 products I've tried.

Full Size On Point Metallic Eye Gloss: I'm not too impressed with this product. I've tried applying it with my finger, with a big face brush (see above), and with two different eyeshadow brushes, and I can't tell if I'm wearing it or not. After maybe a week of diligently going through the motions, I can see a super subtle hint of color, but if you want good eyeshadow, my vote goes to Too Faced still.

How I feel after: put together and a little more confident
Enjoyability: 😸😸😸
Cooperativity: 😸😸
Recommend? Maybe for the brush, probably for the eyeliner although I'm still going to shop around, and no for the eye gloss. It's not a super expensive brand though, so I'd be open to trying more, and I still need to try the mascara I received as well as a couple of their sun protection products that I ordered after my current stash runs out.

Links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#20! Exodus Escape Room: Santa Clause 2 (Spoiler-Free)

  Help save Christmas in this fun seasonal escape room! Exodus is my favorite escape room company because the rooms are a consistent quality level and they are home to my favorite room, Elevate. So of course we had to try out the new seasonal Christmas room at the Diamond Jamboree location! They recently overhauled their Sherlock Holmes Haunted Study and turned it into Santa Clause 2.  We loved the room. The decorations and music were so fun and festive and really got us in the holiday spirit. There was a nice mix of mechanical and and physical puzzles which made the setting feel very interactive. As with all of the Exodus rooms, it was designed to be family-friendly, and this one is not scary at all. The game master was pretty hands off and did not give any unsolicited hints. We were only the second group to try the room ever, so despite a week and a half of playtesting with everything going smoothly, we did have one piece of the room not work. However, there was a very clear...

Belle review (some spoilers)

  Have a parfait picture so you don't get spoilers on the home page. ;) Pictured: watermelon kiss and blue raspberry topped with vanilla custard from Confetti (small parfait) We recently watched the new movie Belle  from the director of Summer Wars.  We generally prefer subs, but we watched the dub for this and I thought it worked well. The voice acting in English was good, and there are some songs, so it might be easier to appreciate them in your own language. Overall, I liked the movie. It was a very creative take on the classic fairytale Beauty and the Beast. It was definitely darker than the Disney movie without some of the problematic species questions. Some of the characters were well fleshed-out and many had good intentions. The movie did an excellent job demonstrating a main character with depression and how that can distort our interactions with others. She continually pushes away friends who are clearly (to the viewer) attempting to connect with her. She also se...