Skip to main content

PUR Cosmetics review

 


Awhile back I decided to try out a cosmetic brand I had seen doing a collaboration with Tone It Up. PUR Cosmetics sells a combination of makeup and skincare products. I ordered the Eyes for You Eye Makeup Trio which includes:

  • Full Size On Point Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
  • Full Size On Point Metallic Eye Gloss (I ordered the rose gold, a "soft shade of pink")
  • Mini Fully Charged Mascara (which I haven't tried yet)
As a free gift with purchase, I also received the Skin Perfecting Foundation Brush.

Skin Perfecting Foundation Brush: I don't regularly wear foundation, so I have been using this primarily for application of bronzer and to apply the eye gloss to the high points of my cheeks. The brush is soft and dense. The handle is pretty comfortable and the curve is ergonomic, but I can feel it separate slightly with firm pressure, so I think that it may not hold up for many years of daily use. My hand also cramps a little if I am using it over my whole face; I think it puts a little extra pressure on your thumb vs. your wrist with a more traditional straight handle. The color payoff is strong with a powder bronzer and requires extra work to blend and not look streaky. I can barely see the gel gloss at all, but more on that in a moment. I think this is probably a good brush for bases and more subtle colors and not a great option for blending blush or high-contrast bronzer.

Full Size On Point Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: I've been using this every day and have tried wearing it a number of ways. Overall it is a good liquid eyeliner. The brush is pretty easy to use with even color payoff, minimal friction on the lid, and a firm tip that makes it easy to control. It's still a liquid liner, so it's hard to get a smooth application on the bottom without a makeup brush. I have missed and hit my waterline and it stays. It erases off easily with micellar water (even on a q-tip, if you need to fix your cat-eye), but I went to bed with it one night and I actually woke up with intact cat-eyes. I would give this my best rating of the 3 products I've tried.

Full Size On Point Metallic Eye Gloss: I'm not too impressed with this product. I've tried applying it with my finger, with a big face brush (see above), and with two different eyeshadow brushes, and I can't tell if I'm wearing it or not. After maybe a week of diligently going through the motions, I can see a super subtle hint of color, but if you want good eyeshadow, my vote goes to Too Faced still.

How I feel after: put together and a little more confident
Enjoyability: 😸😸😸
Cooperativity: 😸😸
Recommend? Maybe for the brush, probably for the eyeliner although I'm still going to shop around, and no for the eye gloss. It's not a super expensive brand though, so I'd be open to trying more, and I still need to try the mascara I received as well as a couple of their sun protection products that I ordered after my current stash runs out.

Links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokémon Violet

It's been a little over a week since the Pokémon company released their newest set of games, Scarlet and Violet, for the Nintendo Switch. For those who don't know, the story of both games is the same, but if you want to catch all of the 400ish pokémon in the pokedex, you'll need a friend with the other version of the game to catch the exclusive ones. Shannon is playing Scarlet, and I am playing Violet, so that is what I am looking at today. Now, this game is addictive. In contrast to previous games (disclaimer: I have only played Sword prior to this), this generation takes place in an open world format. That means there are things EVERYWHERE. Once you get off of tutorial island, you can complete the main story in any order you choose, meaning that all of the main quests are given to you at once. You can freely walk anywhere on the map, which means you can explore, get lost, find things on the ground (useful items, pokémon, etc)...you get the idea. I don't normally like

Rakkan Ramen

  Rakkan Ramen has been on our to-try list for a long time. Ramen is one of Shannon's favorite foods, so he tends to keep a running list of local places that are opening. Add this to the fact that this location has been tantalizingly setting up to open in the Tustin District for months with their menu on full display, teasing us every time we go to see a movie there, and you get a recipe for two trips in one weekend! That's right. We didn't have anything else going on, so we decided to hop on over to The District and finally try Rakkan Ramen last Saturday. I had the hot green tea ($2, free refills, 5 calories), which was a strong, bitter matcha. The cup was hot but the tea was drinkable immediately. We each ordered the Spicy Garnet Vegan ($15.50, 580 calories), which uses their miso sauce and which the menu describes as "Vegetable broth, sesame paste, spicy miso, grilled pork, black pepper, green onion, bamboo shoots, seasoned egg, fried garlic with RAKKAN noodles...Ma